Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF version of your resume and include the job title in the email subject.
Scout Social is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Creative Community Coordinator – Emerging Content
Time: Part-Time (With Potential for Full-Time)
Start Date: Immediate hire
About the company: Scout Social is a rapidly growing media company with owned and brokered social media brands that have a total audience of 800+ million, built to reach Gen Z & Millennials. We work with clients that sit at the intersection of culture, lifestyle, and entertainment. At Scout Social, we want to build a team of self-starters, innovators, and top-of-the-line critical thinkers.
About the Community Coordinator Role: We are immediately hiring a Creative Community Coordinator to work at the intersection of online community management and emerging media ideation. This is a hybrid, creative role with heavy fan engagement and content creation needs. Raw creativity paired with an in-touchness to current social media culture is a must, as you embody the voice of our owned media brands.
About You: The right person for this position is someone who loves social media and already spends most of their time deep-diving into internet culture. You will work closely with our Creative Director to evolve the creative direction, production strategy, and community management for one of our newest original series, “Excuse Me, What?” (75k on YouTube, 260k on Instagram, 100 avid Patreon subscribers). You will be responsible for evolving the brand, assisting in content roll-out, and tackling a range of micro-tasks on behalf of our fans. Ultimately, this role is for a hyper-creative person who is excited about fostering digital communities and enjoys using digital media as a creative platform, not just a consumption medium.
- Experience managing social media communities, or engaging digital audiences either professionally or in school, on Instagram, TikTok, Patreon, Twitter, Facebook, and/or YouTube
- An understanding of how social media, viral videos, and memes work, especially on YouTube, Patreon, and TikTok
- A self-starter capable of working independently or with minimal supervision
- Strong digital communication skills per the current COVID landscape
- Most importantly, a love for social media and fostering digital communities
- Preferably, strong experience in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere
- Manage the creative direction and ideate around the continuous improvement of a rapidly growing, original YouTube series
- Develop content strategy for the brand on Instagram, TikTok, Patreon, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Field micro-tasks on the fan engagement front, such as commenting, posting, emailing, messaging, and more
- Monitor social media for trends
- Help ideate new media brands